The Salcombe range features a combination of subtle pastel paint finishes and natural solid European Oak complimented by the soft curves and profiles which evoke a traditional French style, yet the combination of the colour, natural oak and bright nickel-plated hardware gives it a fresh look that suits both modern or country living.
- Double size solid bedframe.
- Panelled headboard.
- Choice of colour paint finishes.
- Choice of lacquer or oil finish for oak top.
- Matching furniture available.
- Please note:Bedstead overall sizes:
- Double: W152 x D208 x H120cm
- Kingsize: W167 x D215 x H120cm
- Super Kingsize: W198 x D215 x H120cm.
Please remember that Clarkes do not know your home and therefore it is impossible to know if your selection will fit in the area intended or through doorways, hallways, stairs etc. To help you below are the vital measurement points required to gauge if access will be possible. Please take a moment to review your area and access points to establish any concerns that may cause an issue. At Clarkes our delivery crews will do everything we can to install your new furniture in the area for which it’s intended, however we are not able to accept responsibility should access not be possible due to size. If any doors, windows or other obstacles need to be removed, it is essential that you arrange this prior to delivery and agree the associated costs. These notes are as a guide to help assist your assessment for delivery, if you would like more details please contact the Clarkes: Tel 01662 753073 or fill in our contact form
- Measure the entrance to your property and look for turning issues such as a narrow hall or porch. Also check other points such as doors/halls/stairs to ensure your furniture will fit through these areas. Please measure the heights (A) and widths (B) of doors, halls and turning areas (C) as shown.
- Check the furniture sizes shown online or if you would like additional details please contact the store. Tel 01622 753073 or fill in our contact form
- Basic measure points are width (X) and diagonal height/depth (Y) as shown. The furniture width (X) needs to be slightly less than the height of any doors (A) or low ceilings. Also please check turning point/s (C). Note furniture can stand on end providing it is not too tall for the door (A) this will reduce the turning space required. The diagonal depth (Y) needs to be slightly less than the entry dimension (B).
- Cabinets - measure the diagonal height at the widest point (X) and the depth (Y). To fit the diagonal measurement (X) is the maximum required to fit, although the straight width will be ok in most cases.
- Other things that are worth looking at are, any other obstacles such as ceilings, light fixtures, interior protruding walls, stair banisters and size and state of lift/s (if available).
Who Is Responsible
Clarkes can only be responsible for determining that goods will fit, if we have surveyed your property, in all other cases as the customer i.e. you, will be responsible for ensuring that:
- The dimensions are suitable for the intended area
- Furniture will fit into and through your home
- You inform Clarkes of any issues prior to delivery being arranged
- All items are fit for your intended purpose
Our white-glove delivery service costs just £40 in Kent.
In House Delivery Team
Clarkes and our partner company Lenleys share a dedicated warehouse and experienced delivery team, with our own fleet of specially designed delivery vehicles. Our experienced staff have a wealth of knowledge, they're experts in handling high value items and installing them without any bumps or scrapes. All furniture will be delivered and assembled ready for your use, and we'll be happy to take any unwanted packaging away for recycling.
We also offer a service to remove and dispose of your old furniture. We ask for a small contribution towards the extra time taken to do so, and the cost of commercial disposal. If you'd like to use this service please make us aware when ordering your items. Large items such as wardrobes, cabinets and bedsteads must be dismantled ready for our arrival, and if you'd like us to remove a mattress this will need to be wrapped in a plastic bag, that we can provide at time of purchase.
Cost of Delivery
For orders within Kent we offer a single, highly competitive rate of £40 per order. Due to the location of our distribution warehouse, we must add a supplementary charge for deliveries outside of Kent. We aim to keep our prices as low as possible, and they reflect only a contribution towards the eventual transportation costs. For counties bordering Kent, we offer a flat rate of £80. For Greater London, due to added congestion time and congestion charges the flat rate is £120. Please use the map and key located on this page to query our delivery charges for further afield.
To avoid sending a delivery vehicle across the country containing only a small item and therefore becoming very cost ineffective, we will sometimes utilise a 3rd party professional delivery service to handle long haul journeys. This allows us to keep the price to a minimum, whilst still providing a first class service.
How Long Will Delivery Take?
Due to the bespoke, premium nature of our furniture, most items are made to order and at your time of purchase you will be quoted an estimated lead time. Once your furniture arrives at our distribution warehouse one of our customer service team will be in touch to plan a convenient delivery time for your schedule. Our delivery team are available Monday - Saturday. On some occasions, for furniture that requires labour intensive installation, our manufacturers may untertake your delivery themselves, in these instances your delivery will likely be Monday - Friday.
On your delivery day we kindly ask that you set aside some time for accepting your order, and consider the installation time required. For larger items of bedroom furniture, or TV units and shelving we advise a rough estimate of 1 hour and 30 minutes. Some of our smaller items, or furniture that requires no installation can be turned around in approximately 20-30 minutes.
Upon arriving in our distribution warehouse it is common for our staff to unpackage and thoroughly inspect your furniture prior to its delivery. We undertake these checks to limit any inconvenience caused to yourself, and ensure we're sending your order in pristine condition.
For a small handful of our most trusted suppliers we will forgo this procedure in order to maintain the integrity of their packaging.
Once your furniture is delivered you have time to inspect your items thoroughly, and once you're happy that your goods and your home are in perfect condition then we ask that you sign a delivery note confirming you are satisfied with our service.
Click & Collect
If you'd rather collect your items from our store or you'd like to arrange for a courier service to collect them on your behalf then please let us know at time of order. We'd be happy to work with you to arrange this. All click and collect orders are free of any delivery charge.
Call us now on 01622 753073 to speak to one of our helpful staff, or drop into our beautiful Maidstone showroom. Alternatively, click here to use our contact form, and we will respond as soon as we can.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Clarkes believe in providing as many payment options online as in store, where possible.
Any product that must be ordered from a supplier requires a 25% deposit to be paid at checkout (you will be prompted before payment).
For items bought from stock, a full payment is required.
Select interest free payment to make an order on credit, but bear in mind that you will need to come into the showroom to complete and sign the agreement. Ordering goods on credit requires a 25% deposit, subject to approval, and are also subject to qualification and availability.
Your online security is important, so Clarkes processes all its payments using Secure Safe Transactions and industry tested systems.
Payments can be made with VISA, MASTER, or DEBIT cards, Clarkes does accept American Express, however this can only be processed in-store currently.
Unfortunately, we can only accept cheques at the showroom.
For full details of all our payment options click here.